Call for Essays
Fintecgrity: Leveraging Fintech solutions for enhancing Integrity in financial sector
(Submission Deadline: February 28, 2019)
On the eve of the International Anti-Corruption Day (December 9, 2018), New Development Bank (NDB) invites you to submit reflection pieces in the form of short essays on the topic, “Fintecgrity: Leveraging Fintech solutions for enhancing Integrity in financial sector”. NDB invites you to submit original contributions that address any one of the following topics:
- How can innovative fintech solutions promote transparency in financial sector?
- Can open access of data facilitated through fintech solutions enable effective monitoring of public funds?
- How do, features of trust and transparency often cited in favor of the distributed ledger technology, assist in fighting corruption?
- How can big data analytics and artificial intelligence assist financial crime and anti-corruption investigations?
- What role does public policy have to play in ensuring effective deployment of fintech solutions for fighting financial crime and corruption?
Essays submitted shall be considered for awards for best two submissions.
NDB is particularly interested in essays (authored either individually or jointly) with practical orientation demonstrating a) an existing use-case of a technology solution in the above areas, b) a new proposal with possible technology features, or c) nature of security and other controls required for leveraging fintech solutions for the stated purpose. This listing is of course not exhaustive, though the scope of essays should be with reference to the areas listed above.
For further information and details of the competition, please refer to the attached Call for Essays