In July 2017 China Chengxin International Credit Rating Co. Ltd (“CCXI”) and China Lianhe Credit Rating Co., Ltd. confirmed NDB’s AAA credit rating with stable rating outlook.
The main credit strengths of NDB according to two leading Chinese rating agencies are:
- Strong support ability and willingness of the shareholders,
- Sound corporate governance and risk management systems,
- Significant amount of paid-in capital and its continuous increase,
- Clear and definite development strategy,
- Very low default risk on the project loans, which are mainly sovereign / sovereign guaranteed.
In the 1st quarter of 2016 NDB obtained domestic AAA credit rating with stable outlook in China from two of the leading domestic rating agencies namely China Cheng Xin International Credit Rating Co. Ltd (“CCXI”) and Lianhe Credit Rating Co. Ltd.
The main credit strengths of NDB according to CCXI and Lianhe Credit Rating Co. Ltd. are:
- Strong support from its founding members given NDB’s political and economic importance,
- High level of paid-in capital and its timely infusion,
- Great potential for future business growth in developing countries and emerging markets,
- Sophisticated governance structure and risk management system,
- Operational efficiency supported by flat governance structure and concentrated decision-making mechanisms,
- Highly experienced management team with long-serving executives in the banking sector, including multilateral development institutions.